Thursday 14 May 2015

Making way

A narrow stream that I am,
almost insignificant in stature.
I have not the strength to survive these depths.
How will I ever make through the steep falls.
These gorges are deep, and the plains too far.

Having taken my first drop,
and joined by some friends, I grow.
The meek cry will soon be a deafening roar.
Crashing around, playing with rocks I make way.
Falls don't feel so long any more, but the plains are still far away.

With increasing number of companions,
and some nourishment from the heavens, I swell.
No longer an aimless rush, but a steady path I make.
Covering endless ground, making several turns I finally reach the plains.
But there is a lot of journey left to be made, for sea is still a long way.

Treading  through thick and thin,
I become a friend to many, just as many are to me.
Lending a hand, loosing old names and getting several new, I move.
A lot I have, and a lot more to be seen, for the miles ahead are long.
Though be the distance, and many unknowns, I feel I will reach the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment